Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Me & make- up

I only started wearing make-up after i got married. Before dat, i would only apply baby lotion on my face and put on some lip gloss each time i leave d house. I don't even wear powder! Hahaha. I still remember being nagged by my former boss "u should put some colour on ur face nini.. not so much but little bit only". Dat's bcoz i was a HR personnel who handles call center staff n most of them are youngsters. She juz wanted me to look more matured.
Being a first timer, i didn't even know where to start. What to buy? Where to buy? I don't know why but my first make- up was a compact powder from Bobbi Brown. Dahlah 1st timer. Kiasu pulak tu xmo pakai Maybeline ker ZA or yg seangkatan dengannyer. Huhu. Later on i realized dat it's quite expensive to spend rm100+ juz for a compact powder. Baik beli baju *duh*. After Bobbi Brown, i changed to MAC n am still using until now.
I don't wear heavy make- up coz:
1. i want to look fresh n not fake
2. Mr A's scared of people who wears heavy make- up
I juz wear d basics: compact powder, eyebrow crayon (kesian i xder bulu kening), blusher n lipstick. I don't wear foundation coz alhamdulillah i am blessed with quite good complexion. I totally disagree when a married woman says "alah dah kawen buat apa nak pakai2 make- up". It doesn't mean dat u don't hv to look good when ur married or hv kids. Dah kawenlah lg kena jaga. Xleh nak selekeh2.
I will never forget what my gynae said to me when i went for my post natal check-up after i had Luq. Dat time i came to d clinic with my bare face and she said "pucat muka awak" and i replied "x sempat nak pakai make- up". She said "ni baru anak sorang, nanti kalau dah tambah lg mcm mana ntah.. masa pregnant dulu berseri2 jer". Tersentap gua. But i was not angry at her coz she made me realize dat eventhough i was married n had a kid (dat time was only Luq), i can't take things for granted. If i don't hv time, then i hv to make time. Now, i never leave d house without wearing powder and some blusher.
I am really grateful to hv Mr A as my husband. Since we don't hv a helper, every time before we go out, he will look after Luq n Leia to make sure dat i am ready first. I may never look like a super model but i want to look good especially when walking next to Mr A. Eventhough he loved me when i was 'make- up'less (i know there's no such word), he still loves me now.


Picture googled

1 comment:

Mrs.Nury said...

sapa xnak cantik kan...every woman want to look nice & beautiful.Alaaa makeup skit2 pun u still look gorgeous la babes.I like the way u r.Simple & nice.