Saturday, January 8, 2011

Splendid Saturday

Working moms who say that they don't need 'me' time are actually quite wrong bcoz when you work, that is considered as your 'me' time bcoz you get to see your colleagues, have breakfast, lunch, tea breaks and sometimes go shopping during office hours. Which is why when you come home from work, all you want to do is spend all the time that you have with your children.
As for me, I 'work' 24 hours, 7 days a week so 'me' time is very important to keep me sane. My definition of 'me' time is to just be away from my children for a few hours at least once a week and i am very fortunate to have such an understanding husband to take care of them while i'm away.

So, earlier today i spent my 'me' time with my closest friend Dydy. We decided to have a pot luck breakfast. I cooked asam pedas on Friday night and brought it to her house this morning and she cooked fried rice. After breakfast we just talked and watched tv. It was good to talk to an adult (other than Mr A) bcoz i spend most of my time with a kid and a toddler. Later in the afternoon we went to have some froyo at Tutti Frutti Taman Tun.

The above picture of Plaza VADS is where i used to work for 9 years. Taman Tun will always be dear to my heart bcoz that is where i started working and it was also where i met Mr A. Even Luq's 1st day care was at Taman Tun. That's why i always feel a bit sentimental when i'm in Taman Tun.

Froyo with the Nawi sisters :)

Thanks a lot for your time my friend. Eventhough we practically did nothing today but it was the best 'me' time i ever had.

No comments: