Friday, February 5, 2010

Rusty ol' me

Recently, me n a group of frens started playing 'kutu' n i'm in charge of d monthly collection. Since i will be dealing with a sum of money which is not mine, i juz know i hv to create a tracker. And what better application to use for a tracker than microsoft excel. I won't say dat i'm an expert with microsoft excel but on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 = poor & 10 = excellent), i consider myself an 8 bcoz when i was working, i would use microsoft excel every day and am quite good with d formulas. I even created the payroll spreadsheet for contact center staff which is currently being used for all contact centers under V*DS and have done many trackers which are still being used until today (i'm so proud of my legacy!).
However, when i was creating a simple tracker for d 'kutu' collection today, i couldn't even remember simple things like formatting d cells or to sum d amount. My mind juz went blank! I had to refer to my old trackers juz to get 'feel'. Then i realized dat it has been almost one year since i left d working world and nowadays i only use d laptop to surf d internet. This is something which is not good bcoz my brain is starting to 'rust' and i will not let my 'talent' go to waste juz like dat even if i do not get d chance to work anymore. No siree! Therefore, i know i've made d right decision by volunteering to collect d 'kutu' money. At least i hv a reason to do something which i really missed.

No comments: